You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
And latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mr. In-between.
I woke up this morning determined to change the outcome of this day.
I was tired of wrestling with uncertainty. I was weary of the worry and strife.
Meditation time came when I least expected it, The first hour of my day was spent in a quiet computer lab while students took a test. The silence disturbed me. I did not want to listen to my monkey brain. I decided instead to clean up.
Too soon the small room was tidy and I was once again left alone with my thoughts. I wished for my journal sitting in my bag upstairs. I wanted to figure out a way to bring peace back into my day.
So I stopped fighting and fretting and gave into the thoughts that swirled around my head. In the deep quiet I came to a realization- I do not want to dread my days. I will choose happiness from this moment on.
With that decision came the next part- an action plan. How can I make this happen? I pulled out my phone and wrote a memo to myself.
I made a list ( I love lists)...
1. To find three positive events in each day.
2. To offer a compliment or encouragement to a minimum of three people daily.
3. The next time someone ticks me off, breathe deeply three times before responding.
4. When the day starts to get me down, I will think of three things that I love, or make me feel good.
5. If I begin to doubt myself, I will recall three gifts or positive attributes that I possess.
You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
Bring gloom down to the minimum
Have faith or pandemonium's
Liable to walk upon the scene
Causes Annette Talbert Supports
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, RIF (Reading is Fundamental),
Hands On Foundation, Dignity U Wear, Girls, Inc.