Does this scenario sound familiar?
You're positive this is the way it is. That's life. The way it has to be. Hell, that's just how you work.
Have you caught yourself saying things like :
- "Stop waving that new thing in my face. I'm busy"
- "I don't have time to think about what's next or what's fun."
- "I'm not the day-dreamy type. I'm realistic."
Then, in some kind of blazing who-knows-why moment you agree: 'yes, okay, I'll TRY that'. The time is not right. You're not suddenly becoming daydreamy or a techy and probably you're just doing this for someone else's sake...but it's not going to kill you. You figure you can quit or get a refund if you don't like it.
Then all of a sudden you see the way it is differently. You're doing it differently.
You're saying things like:
- "I'm proud to see myself doing this."
- "I was wrong."
- "I shouldn't have waited this long."
- "Things are falling into place."
- "I feel wind in my sails."
- "I'm hopeful, and excited. I have confidence in my pursuits. I don't feel apologetic for my interests."
- "I've just had my most productive year."
That's what 2 members of the GlobalNiche community said this week. Massive stuff. Take a look at these 2 breathtaking stories of shift from Jessica Lutz and Zeynep Kilic.
Do you have one of your own? Tell us about it in the comments.
Causes Anastasia Ashman Supports
Vipassana Meditation Instruction (dhamma.org) Ashoka Organization of Social Entrepreneurs (ashoka.org)