Read Books That Get Inside You
1. There’s more to read than you can read. Don’t read a book just because someone tells you to. Read only what thrills you to know.
2. Fall in love with the author. Be grateful she is teaching you something you want to master.
3. Share your learning with others who are like-minded. They will learn from you and challenge your thoughts so you’ll have to dig deeper.
4. Read fiction as well as non-fiction. Novelists and poets stun us with their truth-telling and insightful array of literary skills.
5. Great stories (fictitious and real) and their lessons will stay with you for life.
6. Less is more. A few good books are better than a batch of bad ones. Bad for you, that is!
7. If you’re a slow reader and it took you a bit longer to learn something significant that’s now a part of your life, does that matter?
Causes Allan Cox Supports
Fourth Presbyterian Church of Chicago, Gilda's Club (cancer) Chicago, Martin Marty Center, University of Chicago, Iona Center, Healdsburg, CA (all 401-C-3s...