The editors of Able Muse are pleased to announce the Able Muse 30-Day Writing Program. This inaugural online course will be conducted by Nina Schuyler, the fiction editor of Able Muse. Nina also teaches creative writing at the University of San Francisco. Complete bio and details available here. Here are some of the features of this program:
- this will be a poetry, fiction and nonfiction writing program.
- even though it will be online, we will provide as close to a physical classroom experience as possible
- a forum will be set aside for participants to discuss the assignment, or other issues or interest, and the instructor may drop in as warranted
- a weekly lecture/interview session will be provided, which will include computer-based online interactive tools for workshop members. The technology will allow voice and video interaction with the instructor and between participants comfortable with such an interaction. Your web browser will be the only software tool needed to join in! Those who are technology-challenged will be able to link into the conversation from their regular home phones.
- for thirty days, you’ll receive a series of triggers: a writing exercise trigger, a sentence trigger, and random words trigger.
- weekly interview with a published author about his or her process.
- weekly craft lecture.
- and much more, as detailed here.
All this will be for the minimal stipend of less than one buck daily! Now, compare this to the cost of traveling to a brick-and-mortar workshop venue for just a couple of days for a comparable course! A normal brick and mortar conference or workshop usually runs for a few days and costs several hundreds of dollars in registration fees, not including travel and other expenses. However, for a comparatively tiny contribution to help defray the cost of the course infrastructure, and for the instructor's time and effort, you too can partake in the 30-day Able Muse Writing program!
Register now to reserve your space because there's a quota to the size of the virtual classroom that will be leased for this program. Full details including Nina's bio and registration information is now available here.