Funded by investors including Craig Newmark of craigslist.org, our exciting online community is growing rapidly. Red Room is the online home of the world's greatest writers--founding members include Dr. Maya Angelou, Amy Tan, Salman Rushdie, and Khaled Hosseini. We provide thousands of authors, readers, and literary professionals with an easy-to-use, design-rich social-networking and content-management platform that cross-markets their work to a wider audience while they make new friends and support their favorite causes. Learn more about us.
Our team is completely virtual and works from home, all over the world. Everyone on the team has an outstanding ability to self-manage and make significant contributions in their area of expertise.
If you are a hard-working, self-managing, creative thinker, if you believe in your ability to have a positive impact on the world, are not intimidated by responsibility, and are a true team player, we would like to meet you. We are an equal-opportunity employer with a commitment to social justice and diversity.
Please check out the job postings below. If you have expert-level skills in these areas, please email your cover letter and resume, with the title of the position in the email's subject line, to careers (at symbol) red room dot com. Please include your current salary or contractor rate, your rate expectations, and your availability in your cover letter portion. We don't open attachments, so please include the cover letter and resume in the body of the email.
If you want to fill a position you don't see listed, it's okay to send us an email with the above information. However, we're a small team, so we can only respond to people we intend to interview, but we really appreciate your interest and hope to see you on Red Room!
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY:SENIOR DRUPAL DEVELOPER
We are searching for an experienced, highly detail-oriented, innovative, Senior Drupal Developer who will be charged with continuing to develop our website content delivery and management system.
- PHP/MySQL development on a Drupal platform
- Work with different departments/consultants/contractors to create the scope of work and requirements analysis by providing product and technical details
- Work closely with the rest of the development team to streamline author moderation process and general administrative views and processes within Drupal
Key Qualifying Skills:
- Experience with Drupal a must
- Knowledge of popular current Web 2.0 social networking sites
- Experience with Open Source-oriented products and processes such as Joomla, Drupal, etc.
- Ability to create functional and technical specifications